This policy covers all types of vehicles plying on public roads such as:- All types of Scooters, Motorcycles, Private Cars , Commercial vehicles
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 it is mandatory for every owner of a vehicle plying on public roads, to take an insurance policy, to cover the amount, which the owner becomes legally liable to pay as damages to third parties as a result of accidental death, bodily injury or damage to property. A Certificate of Insurance must be carried in the vehicle as a proof of such insurance.
Two types of covers are available:
- Liability only policy. This covers third party liability for bodily injury liability and / or death and property damage. Personal Accident cover for Owner-driver is also included.
- Package policy. This cover loss or damage to the vehicle insured in addition to the above.
No- claim discounts are available on renewal of policy, ranging from 20% to 50%
Liability Only Policy:
The policy covers the vehicle owner's legal liability to pay compensation for:
- Death or bodily injury to a third party person.
- Damage to third party property.
Liability is covered for an unlimited amount in respect of death or injury and damage to third party property for Rs.7.5 lacs under Commercial vehicle and private and Rs. 1 lakh for Scooters / Motor Cycles.
In addition to the coverage under liability only, this policy covers loss or damage to the insured vehicle and its accessories due to:
- Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning.
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft.
- Riot and Strike.
- Malicious Act.
- Terrorist Act.
- Earthquake (Fire and Shock) Damage.
- Flood, Typhoon, Hurricane, Storm, Tempest, Inundation, Cyclone and Hailstorm.
- Accidental external means.
- Whilst in transit by road, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air.
- By landslide/Rockslide
A restricted cover is also available covering the risk of Fire and/or Theft only, in addition to the compulsory cover granted under "Liability Only Policy". However the same is not available in case of vehicle ratable under Class D, Tariff for Miscellaneous and special types of vehicles.
The important exclusions under the policies are:
- Wear and tear, breakdowns
- Consequential loss
- Loss when driving with invalid driving license or under the influence of alcohol.
- Loss due to war, civil war, etc.
- Claims arising out of contractual liability.
Documents required at the time of claim
- Proof of Insurance - Policy / Cover Note copy
- Claim Form with sign
- Copy of Registration Book, Tax Receipt (Original required for verification)
- Copy of Motor Driving License (with original) of the person driving the vehicle at the material time
- Police Panchanama / FIR (In case of third-party property damage/ death / body injury)
- Estimate for repairer, where the vehicle is to be repaired
- Repair bills and payment receipts after the job is completed
- Original Certificate/Policy Document
- Original Registration Book, with Theft endorsement from concerned RTO, and tax payment receipt
- All the sets of keys/service booklets/Warranty card
- Police Panchanama / FIR and final investigation report/JMFC report
- Acknowledged copy of letter address to RTO intimating theft and making vehicle "NON-USE"
On Admission of Liability:
- Form 28, 29 and 30 signed by the insured
- Form 35 signed by the Financer, as the case may be, (undated and blank), on admission of liability of insurers.
- Letter of subrogation
- Consent towards agreed claim settlement value from you and Financer
- NOC of the Financer if claim is to be settled in insured's favour.
- Claim Discharge Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp (Format Attached below).
Please note above list is only indicative. They may call for additional documents/information or may arrange for our representative to verify the facts of the case if required.